East Carolina University officially moves into a new conference today.
July 1st is the official start of the calendar year in college sports.
The Pirates say goodbye to Conference USA, and move into the still-new American Athletic Conference.
The Pirates finished 10-3 last year, beating both North Carolina and N.C. State easily for the first time in the same season.
the Pirates spent 17 years in C-USA.
They're moving to the AAC in all major sports with Tulane University and the University of Tulsa.
Central Florida, Fiesta Bowl champions and a member of C-USA with the Pirates, moved conferences last season.
The Pirates open up their 2014 season at home against N.C. Central, along with dates with Virginia Tech and North Carolina during the upcoming season.
- Updated 'Pizzagate' shooting suspect pleads guilty
- Updated NFL seeking Thursday Night Football livestream partner
- Updated Extra security added to several Onslow County schools after alleged threat posted to social media
- Updated Investors yank $8.9 billion from US stocks
- Missing Tennessee student: School chief appeals for girl's safe return