Eastern Carolina - Showers are creeping closer to eastern Carolina and look to roll through the region Easter Sunday. Rain will move in from the west in the late morning and stick around throughout the day. Not everyone will see rain, but showers will be widespread. Expect a chance for through the evening hours, with some rain possible again on Monday.
A shot of cold air will follow close behind the rain dropping temperatures next week.
When looking at the unofficial numbers, this March has come in colder than average. Inland counties were a good 6.5° chillier this year on average. Even Cape Hatteras on the outer banks registered about 3° under the normal. North Carolina isn't alone this March. Many states east of the Rockies have been hit by the cold.
After the first week of April, temperatures looks to rebound back to normal.
- HAPPENING TODAY: New Bern Christmas Parade starts at 3 p.m.
- One suspect arrested after three separate Pitt County break-ins
- Christmas float catches fire after 'Grinch' flicks cigarette
- Longtime Hillary Clinton staffer mulls lieutenant governor run in Virginia
- Police: Student stabs, kills University of Southern California professor