GREENVILLE, Pitt County - East Carolina University has extended the contract of athletic director Jeff Compher by another five years, while also giving him a raise, the school reported Tuesday.
Compher's new contract will run through April 2023 and was approved Tuesday by the University Board of Trustees. His base salary was increased to $435,000. Compher was first hired to a five-year deal in 2013.
“Jeff Compher continues to demonstrate the kind of expertise and competitive spirit that will make all of our programs national powers,” ECU Chancellor Cecil Staton said in a press release. “That’s where Pirate Nation expects to be, and I’m delighted he’s agreed to lead our athletics programs to even greater goals.”
Compher's four-year tenure has seen the addition of a 20th varsity sport - women's lacrosse - set to begin next year, a record-breaking year of fundraising by the Pirate Club and a 10-year all sport sponsorship contract with Adidas, among other accomplishments.
- Poll: Many don't want to talk politics this Thanksgiving
- USO of Jacksonville gets enough donations just in time for Thanksgiving
- Beulaville family struggles with company about fixing heating system
- Girl Scouts say don't make your daughter hug people this holiday
- Havelock's Boys & Girls Club getting holiday makeover