GREENVILLE, Pitt County - The UNC Board of Governors on Friday approved the South Side Renovation Project for East Carolina University's Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium.
The project received a unanimous vote from the Budget and Finance Committee on Thursday before Friday's vote.
"I'm pleased to be in a position to share this exciting news," ECU Director of Athletics Jeff Compher said in a press release. "We're very thankful to the Board of Governors and to our Pirate Club members for their generosity and leadership."
So far, Compher said pledges currently stand at just over $14 million ($14,098,900) and premium seating pledges have reached $13,956,311. That comes to $28,055,111 in overall pledges towards the project.
"We will continue working hard to complete the philanthropic pledge goal of $15,000,000, as well as gathering commitments across all premium seating areas," Compher said. "While we have reached another important milestone, we will seek final legislative approval this summer as part of the self-liquidating bill to keep us on track for a fall of 2018 completion."
- USO of Onslow County keeps tradition going with Thanksgiving meal
- Fairfield Harbour continues tradition of feeding Marines at Camp Lejeune
- Peaden's Grill helps make Thanksgiving special at one area community center
- Shoppers busy as Black Friday now in full effect
- New Bern woman shares story to remind people to pay attention while shopping