CAMP LEJEUNE - Army veteran, actor and dancing champion J.R. Martinez will sign copies of his new book at Camp Lejeune.
Martinez will sign copies of "Full of Heart: My Story of Survival, Strength and Spirit" Tuesday at the main exchange at Camp Lejeune. Martinez suffered serious injuries, including burns, when his Humvee hit a roadside bomb in April 2003 in Iraq.
His book is about using his tragedy as an inspiration for others facing challenges.
Martinez also won Season 13 of the ABC's series "Dancing with the Stars." He's an actor who was on "All My Children" and who guest-starred on the Lifetime series "Army Wives." He now stars in "SAF3," a nationally syndicated television drama.
He's a spokesman for "Operation Finally Home," which builds mortgage-free homes for disabled veterans.
- Ryan Lochte's new endorsement deal is for crime prevention device
- Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results
- Local pharmacist recommends ways to save on EpiPens