EDWARD, BEAUFORT COUNTY - Investigators said a driver, who was allegedly driving while impaired, attacked a deputy once she was pulled over.
According to the Beaufort County Sheriff's Office, a state trooper pulled over 39-year-old Angela Heine Hamilton, of Aurora, on Highway 33 East in Edward Friday night. But the trooper requested for backup because the suspect was being uncooperative.
Deputies said once they arrived at the scene, they placed Hamilton in the back of a patrol car. But she responded by kicking and slamming her head against the windows, investigators said.
Hamilton then allegedly kicked one of the deputies and spat on his arm and uniform. She was charged with malicious conduct by a prisoner, assault with physical injury on a law enforcement officer, DWI, possession of an open container, and failure to comply with license restrictions by the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.
- Clinton, Trump hours away from historic debate battle
- Updated Reid signals possible solution to funding stalemate
- Updated Stein escorted off Hofstra University campus
- Bridgegate: Port Authority officials planned to make Fort Lee 'traffic jam as bad as possible'
- Updated Miami Marlins remember star pitcher Jose Fernandez