EDWARD, BEAUFORT COUNTY - Investigators said a driver, who was allegedly driving while impaired, attacked a deputy once she was pulled over.
According to the Beaufort County Sheriff's Office, a state trooper pulled over 39-year-old Angela Heine Hamilton, of Aurora, on Highway 33 East in Edward Friday night. But the trooper requested for backup because the suspect was being uncooperative.
Deputies said once they arrived at the scene, they placed Hamilton in the back of a patrol car. But she responded by kicking and slamming her head against the windows, investigators said.
Hamilton then allegedly kicked one of the deputies and spat on his arm and uniform. She was charged with malicious conduct by a prisoner, assault with physical injury on a law enforcement officer, DWI, possession of an open container, and failure to comply with license restrictions by the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.
- Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- New labels warn against mixing opioids, benzodiazepines
- Mark Zuckerberg's visit gives Nigerian startups much-needed boost
- Infantry training building aboard Camp Geiger named for fallen Marine
- Lara Trump visits Eastern North Carolina to support father-in-law