DURHAM, WTVD - The Durham Police Department is investigating a shooting that left a 13-year-old girl injured.
It happened around 6 p.m. Thursday in the 1900 block of Faucette Avenue.
When officers arrived, they arrested a 15-year-old boy and charged him with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury. He is currently in a Wake County juvenile facility.
The girl was taken to Duke University Hospital with critical injuries. Her condition is unknown at this time.
According to police, the unidentified teens are related and lived in the same house where the shooting happened.
Investigators are still trying to determine the circumstances surrounding the shooting. Further details have not been released at this time.
--For more information, visit WTVD
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- New Vandemere Waterfront Park reopens five years after Hurricane Irene destruction
- Stand Up Outfitters 5th annual Colonial paddle board race