PANTEGO - Two men are charged for allegedly stealing thousands of feet of copper wire in Beaufort County.
Joshua Cole Hoggard, 22, of Pine Ridge Road in Windsor, and James Walter Johnson, 24, of North Wheeler Street in Merry Hill, are already in jail on similar charges in other counties. They are now accused of stealing more than 1,000 feet of control wire from each irrigation system on Christian School Road in Pantego. Deputies said the incident happened on Jan. 8, 2013.
According to investigators, similar thefts happened in five other counties- Bertie , Chowan, Gates, Martin and Washington Counties.
Beaufort County deputies charged both Hoggard and Johnson with two counts of felony larceny, two counts of injury to personal property and two counts of unlawful transportation of copper.
Those charges were served to Johnson one Feb. 15, while he was being held in the Hertford County Detention Center on related charges. His bond was increased an additional $22,000.
The new charges were served to Hoggard on Feb. 18, while he was being held in the Bertie County Detention Center on related charges. His bond was increased an additional $50,000.
- Updated Court sets September 13 deadline for Clinton FBI emails
- Updated Kinston welcomes professional baseball back to Grainger Stadium
- Updated AP: Brazilian police charge Lochte with filing false report
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Men have 'gotta get over' their issues with equal pay
- Updated Trump: No legal status for undocumented immigrants