CHARLOTTE - Authorities say a drunken driver smashed into four patrol cars and injured two troopers directing traffic near the NASCAR race in Concord.
Investigators said Patrick Willis was driving too fast when he exited Interstate 485 around 3:30 p.m. Saturday. Authorities say his car hit and jumped a curb and then smashed into four patrol cars on U.S. Highway 29.
Officials say two troopers suffered minor leg injuries as they tried to get out of the way.
Willis was charged with driving while impaired, reckless driving and child abuse because he was driving with his 9-year-old son. Troopers say Willis' blood-alcohol content was 0.14 percent, nearly double the legal limit.
- Updated 'China's Jack the Ripper' caught after 28 years on the run
- Trump backer tweets cartoon of Clinton in blackface
- Gold Star mom on Kaepernick: I see a flag that draped my son's casket
- Sudan Shriners to hold fundraiser to assist Louisiana flood victims
- Clinton at fundraiser: 'I do not know which Donald Trump will show up' at debates