WINTERVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Troopers said they will charge a driver for overturning a cement truck in Pitt County Tuesday morning.
According to investigators, the cement truck was traveling east on Worthington Road in Winterville, when it ran off the road to the right and hit a mailbox. The driver then over-corrected and ran off the left side of the road, went into a ditch and took out a utility pole, before overturning the vehicle, troopers said.
The driver will be charged with failure to maintain lane control, investigators said. He was taken to Vidant Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.
- Updated Reports: Leaders of Oregon standoff acquitted
- LAPD: Suspect in custody over Donald Trump's Hollywood star vandalism
- Trump: 'We should just cancel the election' and declare me the winner
- Kids get swine flu from pigs at state fairs, CDC reports
- Wildlife sanctuary searches for owl lost duirng Hurricane Matthew