GREENE COUNTY - An 18-year-old was seriously injured after crashing his car into two trees in front of a Greene County home Thursday.
According to the Highway Patrol, the 18-year-old was traveling north on Highway 903, southwest of Snow Hill at about 1 p.m. Thursday, when his vehicle went off the road. The car then hit two trees in front of a home where two people were inside.
The two people in the home were not hurt, but they thought the loud sound was lightning.
The driver was trapped inside his car until first-responders got him out, troopers said. He suffered what appeared to be serious injuries and was taken to Vidant Medical Center.
Troopers said speed may have been a factor and the wreck remains under investigation. The identity of the driver has not been released.
- Bill Nunn, famous for 'Do the Right Thing' role, dies at 62
- Updated Jordanian writer who shared cartoon mocking ISIS killed outside courthouse
- Security beefs up for Panthers game amid Charlotte protests
- Fifth night of Charlotte protests remain largely peaceful
- Updated Suicide bomber kills at least 6 in Iraq