GREENE COUNTY - An 18-year-old was seriously injured after crashing his car into two trees in front of a Greene County home Thursday.
According to the Highway Patrol, the 18-year-old was traveling north on Highway 903, southwest of Snow Hill at about 1 p.m. Thursday, when his vehicle went off the road. The car then hit two trees in front of a home where two people were inside.
The two people in the home were not hurt, but they thought the loud sound was lightning.
The driver was trapped inside his car until first-responders got him out, troopers said. He suffered what appeared to be serious injuries and was taken to Vidant Medical Center.
Troopers said speed may have been a factor and the wreck remains under investigation. The identity of the driver has not been released.
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew