FAYETTEVILLE - Police say a Hope Mills man pushing a disabled car was killed early Thanksgiving morning in Fayetteville.
According to investigators, Lavardis Whitman, 22, was pushing a 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier with another man around 12:30 a.m. in the area of Bragg Boulevard and Swain Street.
As the Cavalier entered Bragg Boulevard, it was hit by a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer driven by 23-year-old Jeremy Banaka.
Whitman was seriously injured and later died at Cape Fear Valley Medical Center.
Banka, of the 100 block of Waterway Drive, Spring Lake, was charged with DWI.
The other man pushing the car, Terekus Rogers, 30, of Fayetteville was being treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
(Copyright ©2012 WTVD-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Updated Doctor: I wrote Trump's bill of health in 5 minutes
- Updated Trent Woods road closing for repairs starting Sept. 6
- Updated Man arrested in Greenville on drug possession charges
- Updated Badges save officers struck by bullets
- New Bern Shrine Club holding donation drive for Louisiana flood victims