FAYETTEVILLE - Police say a Hope Mills man pushing a disabled car was killed early Thanksgiving morning in Fayetteville.
According to investigators, Lavardis Whitman, 22, was pushing a 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier with another man around 12:30 a.m. in the area of Bragg Boulevard and Swain Street.
As the Cavalier entered Bragg Boulevard, it was hit by a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer driven by 23-year-old Jeremy Banaka.
Whitman was seriously injured and later died at Cape Fear Valley Medical Center.
Banka, of the 100 block of Waterway Drive, Spring Lake, was charged with DWI.
The other man pushing the car, Terekus Rogers, 30, of Fayetteville was being treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
(Copyright ©2012 WTVD-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Updated Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- UPDATE: No bomb discovered after threat made at West Craven Middle School
- Updated Tornado touches down in Sampson Co., warnings issued elsewhere
- Wood Ducks featured on Xfinity car for Charlotte race