MAGNOLIA - A Sampson County man is killed in a suspected drunk driving crash on New Year's Day.
It happened on Beasley Mill Road near Magnolia, Duplin County, around 1:30 Tuesday morning.
According to the Highway Patrol, Jamie Cresto-Ambrosio, 27, was killed when his vehicle ran off the road and into a ditch. The vehicle hit several trees and a telephone poll, authorities said.
Authorities said both speed and alcohol were likely factors in the crash.
No other vehicles were involved.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend