A man was killed on Sunday in a fatal wreck in Jones County.
According to troopers alcohol was a factor in the deadly crash that killed Emory Metts, 29, of Pink Hill. Metts, who was traveling west on Pleasant Hill Road near Rex Howard Road in Jones County around 1:20 Sunday morning, went off the road, hit a ditch and flipped his vehicle, according to investigators.
Metts was the only occupant of the crash. No other vehicles were involved.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend