JONES COUNTY - Investigators are on the hunt for a driver who hit a power pole then fled the scene.
The unknown driver crashed into the utility pole on Copeland Farm Rd. near Moore Rd. in Jones County, according to Jones County officials.
Officials started investigating the scene around 3:30 am.
Dispatch tells us the power was out for local customers.
At last check, the driver was no where to be found.
- Tornado watch issued for most of North Carolina
- Updated Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Updated Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn
- New Bus driver charged in Greenville Boulevard crash that killed man