NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - A driver has been charged with DWI for a wreck in New Bern Tuesday night that sent three people to hospitals.
According to the New Bern Police Department, 26-year-old Jennifer Fish is charged with DWI, but other charges are possible once the investigation is complete.
The two-car wreck happened just before 9 p.m. Tuesday on Highway 70 in New Bern, said investigators.
Police Sgt. Ben Lewis said two cars collided in the eastbound lane and ended up on the Trent Road overpass, between the MLK overpass and the Pembroke exit.
Three people were taken to hospitals, said police. Tina Wright, 31, was transferred from CarolinaEast Medical Center to Vidant Medical Center. Jimmy Vincil, 39, and Joshua Manis, 5, were also taken to CarolinaEast. Investigators have not released their conditions but said the injuries were non life-threatening.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend