NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - A driver has been charged with DWI for a wreck in New Bern Tuesday night that sent three people to hospitals.
According to the New Bern Police Department, 26-year-old Jennifer Fish is charged with DWI, but other charges are possible once the investigation is complete.
The two-car wreck happened just before 9 p.m. Tuesday on Highway 70 in New Bern, said investigators.
Police Sgt. Ben Lewis said two cars collided in the eastbound lane and ended up on the Trent Road overpass, between the MLK overpass and the Pembroke exit.
Three people were taken to hospitals, said police. Tina Wright, 31, was transferred from CarolinaEast Medical Center to Vidant Medical Center. Jimmy Vincil, 39, and Joshua Manis, 5, were also taken to CarolinaEast. Investigators have not released their conditions but said the injuries were non life-threatening.
- Updated Adnan Syed, subject of 'Serial' podcast, wants out on bail
- Updated Before his coma he spoke English; after waking up he's fluent in Spanish
- Auburn to honor Barkley with statue
- Pope opens private summer residence to visitors
- Governor tours Princeville, visits Rocky Mount Disaster Recovery Center