BEAUFORT COUNTY - A driver has been charged for Beaufort County crash that killed a man, the Highway Patrol told NewsChannel 12.
According to troopers, 22-year-old Jessica Joyner, of Washington, rear-ended the truck of 77-year-old Marvin Whitehurst on Highway 264 in Beaufort County, near the Pitt County line. The accident happened at about 4 p.m. Tuesday.
The crash caused Whitehurst, of Washington, to run off the road and hit a ditch, troopers said. He died at Vidant Medical Center in Greenville.
Joyner has been charged with misdemeanor death by motor vehicle, said troopers.
- Updated Alabama Mardi Gras parade canceled after car hits band members
- Updated Google officially reveals its latest robot
- Updated China considers baby bonus for couples to have second child
- Updated Grant Application Intake session slated in Snow Hill
- Updated Starbucks is coming to the home of the espresso