SNOW HILL, GREENE COUNTY - A driver is charged after crashing his car into a Greene County home early Wednesday morning.
The wreck happened at about 4 a.m. Wednesday in Snow Hill, according to the Highway Patrol.
Troopers said 22-year-old Korey Grant was driving down Fred Harrison Road, but went off the road, hit two mailboxes, went through a yard, hit a utility pole, and crashed into a mobile home, damaging the brick work and frame. Grant's car then hit another home, but barely caused any damage, said investigators.
Grant was driving 70 mph around a corner in a 50 mph zone, troopers said. He is charged with careless and reckless driving and lane control.
Troopers said Grant works nights, and was tired while driving too fast.
- Updated Kraft Heinz pulls plug on massive Unilever bid
- Updated Vice President Pence visits former Nazi concentration camp
- Priebus denies collusion between Trump campaign, Russian officials
- Bernstein: Trump's attacks on the press 'more treacherous' than Nixon's
- Syria ceasefire opens door for political solution, UN says