CRAVEN COUNTY - A driver has been charged after she and her husband were injured in a two-vehicle wreck in Craven County Friday afternoon.
According to the Highway Patrol, the wreck happened on Highway 70 near Carolina Pines at about 1:05 p.m. Friday.
Mary Bell, a Havelock resident in her 60s, was driving a red Toyota Camry and trying to cross Highway 70 when her vehicle was t-boned by a white pickup truck, trooper said.
Bell was extricated from her car and taken to a hospital, said troopers. Her husband, Gene Bell, was airlifted to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville. Their conditions were not released.
Meanwhile, the driver of the white pickup was treated and released, troopers said.
Bell has been charged with failure to yield, according to investigators.
- Updated Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- UPDATE: No bomb discovered after threat made at West Craven Middle School
- Updated Tornado touches down in Sampson Co., warnings issued elsewhere
- Wood Ducks featured on Xfinity car for Charlotte race