A driver was charged for crashing her car into a Lenoir County creek Friday evening, according to the Highway Patrol.
Shaniria Raqual Hardy, of Winterville, was driving around a curve just before 6 p.m., when she ran off the road, hit a railing, and plunged into Stonyton Creek, said Trooper J.D. Noble. The scene is located off Highway 58, near the Global Transpark.
According to Trooper Noble, water filled the car up to the top of the front seats. But Hardy and her passenger escaped by the time rescue crews arrived. Both were taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries, Trooper Noble said.
Hardy was charged with failure to maintain lane.
- Updated FEMA releases county-by-county numbers on money distributed
- Updated Poll of Polls: Clinton lead holds steady
- Updated Make-A-Wish Eastern N.C. grants Onslow County child's wish
- Updated Tesla posts rare profit, stock pops 6%
- Updated Clinton camp wants donors to give resources to Senate majority