A driver, who allegedly hit Greenville's city manager, was charged for the crash.
According to police, Diana Teresa Kmetz , of South Jarvis Street in Greenville, was charged with failure to reduce speed.
City Manager Barbara Lipscomb, seen in the photo, was struck by the vehicle at about 1:40 p.m. Wednesday, near the intersection of South Washington Street and West Fifth Street, Greenville Police said. According to Sgt. Joe Friday, he was told Lipscomb was hit in the parking lot between the Wells Fargo Bank and City Hall.
Lipscomb was taken to Vidant Medical center, police said. Her injuries were not life-threatening and she was released from the hospital.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County