ONSLOW COUNTY - A driver has been charged for allegedly running a red light near Jacksonville Wednesday, causing his tractor-trailer to hit a car and overturn.
According to the Highway Patrol, 27-year-old Jonathan Taylor, of Hubert, ran a red light at the intersection of N.C. 53 and Pony Farm Road, west of Jacksonville, at about 9:40 a.m. Wednesday. His tractor-trailer then hit a silver Dodge car traveling on Highway 53, troopers said.
The crash caused the tractor-trailer to overturn into a ditch. No one was seriously injured; everyone involved were able to walk away from the scene, troopers said.
Taylor has been charged for running the red light, said investigators, who added that the accident was not related to Wednesday morning's fog.
The wreck closed down Highway 53 in that area to one lane. The debris was expected to be cleared by mid-afternoon Wednesday, officials said. Route information is available on cell phones by dialing 511.
- 'Unprecedented' divide: Democrats fear recession, Republicans see boom
- Volunteers come out to help for Reef Habitat Project event
- Updated White House blocks news organizations from press briefing
- Rusted Root to headline stage at 11th annual PirateFest
- Small Ohio town counts on Trump to stave off plant closures