GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - A car hit a teen in Greenville Wednesday afternoon, and the driver of that vehicle has been charged.
According to Greenville Police, the accident happened at about 4 p.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Arlington Boulevard and Sunset Avenue. A 17-year-old male was talking along the roadside in the direction of traffic when a car ,driven by a 44-year-old woman, hit the teen, investigators said.
The 17-year-old was taken to Vidant Medical Center and is expected to be okay.
The driver has been charged with failure to reduce speed to avoid colliding with a pedestrian, police said.
The identities of those involved have not been released.
- Updated Spurned again in DNC vote, progressives threaten revolt
- Updated Truck rams New Orleans crowd during Mardi Gras parade; 28 injured
- Updated Trump declines to attend White House correspondents' dinner
- Judge rules against dismissing charges against Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl
- Fire reported in old Calypso Fire Station