GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - A car hit a teen in Greenville Wednesday afternoon, and the driver of that vehicle has been charged.
According to Greenville Police, the accident happened at about 4 p.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Arlington Boulevard and Sunset Avenue. A 17-year-old male was talking along the roadside in the direction of traffic when a car ,driven by a 44-year-old woman, hit the teen, investigators said.
The 17-year-old was taken to Vidant Medical Center and is expected to be okay.
The driver has been charged with failure to reduce speed to avoid colliding with a pedestrian, police said.
The identities of those involved have not been released.
- Updated NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Updated Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Updated Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew