BAYBORO, PAMLICO COUNTY - A mother of two has been charged for allegedly using drugs behind the wheel, while her 2-year-old son was in the backseat.
According to the Pamlico County Sheriff's Office, a deputy pulled over 25-year-old Brittany Lee on Highway 304 in Bayboro Friday, after getting an anonymous tip about the suspect using narcotics.
Deputies said Lee admitted to using hypodermic needles in her car. Investigators said they also seized several used needles and a small amount of narcotics from the vehicle.
Relatives of Lee's ex-husband told NewsChannel 12 the child in the car is Lee's 2-year-old son. The suspect also has a 4-year-old son, but he was not in the vehicle, the family said. Officials with Child Protective Services were called, according to deputies.
Lee was charged with simple possession of a schedule II controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, and child endangerment. She was being held on a $7,500 secured bond.
- Updated WCTI's Anna Bulszewicz announces she's leaving the anchor desk
- Updated Pence tries for damage control abroad but allies still wary
- Updated Investigation underway after teen shot in New Bern
- Updated Border Patrol shooting of Mexican goes to Supreme Court
- Updated Israeli soldier sentenced in Palestinian killing