ONSLOW COUNTY - A driver was airlifted to a hospital after crashing into a propane truck in Onslow County Monday morning.
The wreck happened on Bannermans Mill Road south of Richlands at about 10 a.m. Monday.
According to fire officials at the scene, 38-year-old Laurinda Williams was driving a Ford F-150 when she crossed the center line and hit the propane truck, which veered into a ditch.
Williams was not wearing a seatbelt and had to be cut out of the vehicle, investigators said.
Williams suffered non life-threatening injuries, but was in and out of consciousness, officials said. She was airlifted to New Hanover Regional Medical Center.
Charges are pending against Williams, said investigators.
The driver of the propane truck was not hurt.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction