EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA - There is a chance for severe weather in Eastern Carolina Tuesday, including possible downpours and damaging winds.
A cold front will approach from the west and slowly cross the region Tuesday evening.
The Storm Prediction Center has placed all of Eastern Carolina under a slight risk for severe weather Tuesday afternoon.
The main threats will be heavy downpours and damaging winds in excess of 60 mph. However, it is possible for a few of these storms to rotate and produce one or two isolated tornadoes.
As of 8 a.m. Tuesday, there were no watches or warnings. StormTrack 12 meteorologists will be in the weather center tracking these storms and alerting you to any severe weather danger throughout the day.
- FBI probes newly discovered emails tied to Clinton case
- Updated Greenville to begin work on Arlington Boulevard starting Sunday
- Updated State Board of Elections investigating possible voter fraud in Onslow County
- Updated NCAA will now give money for academic achievements
- Updated After shut down, Vine's smartest stars have a backup plan