PITT COUNTY - More than 40,000 people were evacuated from Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium during the Pirates match-up with the UTEP Miners today due to severe weather.
It was evacuated around 8 p.m. due to lightning strikes within eight miles from the stadium. It happened around the second quarter, when UTEP was up 10-7 against the Pirates. Fans were let back inside around 9:15 p.m., with the game resuming around 9:20 p.m. About 25.000 fans returned for the completion of the game.
ECU rallied to beat UTEP 28-18.
- Updated Dog recovering after being hit by hunting arrow
- Updated Kerry in leaked audio: "I lost the argument" for use of force in Syria
- Updated Hurricane Matthew roars toward Jamaica as Category 5
- Bees placed on endangered species list -- a first in the US
- Trump on Clinton: 'I can be nastier than she ever can be'