GREENSBORO, N.C. - Veterinary technicians at the Guilford County Animal Shelter are treating a Lhasa Apso after it was found abandoned and burned in a yard.
The News & Record of Greensboro reports animal shelter executive director Marsha Williams said Toby suffered third-degree burns on his belly and back and burns on the upper portions of his front legs. His face and head bore the worst of the burns.
Police are still looking for the person responsible for injuring him. The dog is thought to be at least one year old and as old as two.
The dog was brought to the shelter on Saturday after a woman found him in her yard. Williams said Toby was not euthanized because he wagged his tail and licked the shelter technicians.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death
- Syria barrel bomb attack: At least 16 killed at wake in Aleppo