GREENSBORO, N.C. - Veterinary technicians at the Guilford County Animal Shelter are treating a Lhasa Apso after it was found abandoned and burned in a yard.
The News & Record of Greensboro reports animal shelter executive director Marsha Williams said Toby suffered third-degree burns on his belly and back and burns on the upper portions of his front legs. His face and head bore the worst of the burns.
Police are still looking for the person responsible for injuring him. The dog is thought to be at least one year old and as old as two.
The dog was brought to the shelter on Saturday after a woman found him in her yard. Williams said Toby was not euthanized because he wagged his tail and licked the shelter technicians.
- Updated Kraft Heinz pulls plug on massive Unilever bid
- Updated Vice President Pence visits former Nazi concentration camp
- Priebus denies collusion between Trump campaign, Russian officials
- Bernstein: Trump's attacks on the press 'more treacherous' than Nixon's
- Syria ceasefire opens door for political solution, UN says