AFGHANISTAN - A Camp Lejeune Marine was killed during combat in Afghanistan, the Department of Defense announced Monday,
According to the DoD, LCpl. Christopher O. Grant, 20, of Richwood, La., died on Oct. 20 while conducting combat operations in Helmand Province, Afghanistan. No other details on the circumstances of his death were released.
Grant was assigned to 1st Battalion, 9th Marines, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force at Camp Lejeune. He was a 2012 graduate of Richwood High School in Monroe, Louisiana.
- Updated Crossing guard saves 8-year-old from kidnapping
- Updated Samsung customer says new Note 7 burst into flames
- Updated Mook: Clinton 'ready' for infidelity question
- Updated NASA says it may have spotted water plumes on Jupiter's moon
- Updated Is this the new Gangnam Style? Internet goes crazy for pineapple pen