AFGHANISTAN - A Camp Lejeune Marine was killed in combat in Afghanistan, the Department of Defense announced Thursday.
Sgt. Jacob M. Hess, 22, of Spokane, Wash., died on Wednesday while supporting combat operations in Helmand Province, defense officials said. There is no word on how he was killed. The incident is under investigation, according to the DoD.
Hess was assigned to Marine Aviation Logistics Squadron 26, part of the II Marine Expeditionary Force at Camp Lejeune.
- Updated Ryan Lochte to endorse crime prevention device
- New Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Updated Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results
- Local pharmacist recommends ways to save on EpiPens