AFGHANISTAN - A Camp Lejeune Marine was killed in combat in Afghanistan, the Department of Defense announced Thursday.
Sgt. Jacob M. Hess, 22, of Spokane, Wash., died on Wednesday while supporting combat operations in Helmand Province, defense officials said. There is no word on how he was killed. The incident is under investigation, according to the DoD.
Hess was assigned to Marine Aviation Logistics Squadron 26, part of the II Marine Expeditionary Force at Camp Lejeune.
- Updated Apple criticizes Trump over reversal of transgender bathroom guidelines
- Updated 'What's the capital of Canada?' and other weird job interview questions
- Updated SpaceX docks with space station on second try
- Updated NASA satellite photos show effects of California rain
- Updated Cheesemaker Sargento expands listeria recall, cuts supplier