CAMP LEJEUNE, N.C. - A Camp Lejeune Marine was killed while supporting Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan, the Defense Department announced.
LCpl. Jared W. Brown, 20, of Youngstown, Fla., died on June 16 in the Helmand province, military officials said. No details have been released on how he was killed. According to the DoD, the death is under investigation.
Brown was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, based at Camp Lejeune.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Nate Parker on 'toxic masculinity,' consent and 'male privilege'
- Updated Chocowinity town commissioner arrested for allegedly assaulting a female
- Legendary Watermelon Festival continues today