FARMVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Three adults and five children escaped a mobile home fire in Pitt County early Tuesday, officials said.
According to dispatch officials, the fire happened at a mobile home at 3737 Watkins Way in Farmville. The 911 came in at about 4:30 a.m.
The Farmville Fire Department responded. Three adults and five children were able to safely escape from the burning home, officials said. One child was in the bedroom where the fire started, but was doing fine.
The fire was contained to the bedroom and was quickly put out. Crews on scene said the blaze appeared to have started due to an electrical shortage.
The American Red Cross was providing assistance to the family.
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County