GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - The status of women in 20 eastern North Carolina counties is the topic of a forum to be held in Greenville.
Cynthia Hess, study director of the Institute for Women's Policy Research, will address the forum scheduled for Friday at Sheppard Memorial Library.
Hess will discuss a briefing paper titled, "The Status of Women in Eastern North Carolina." The paper highlights progress and disparities in opportunities and outcomes for women in the region.
Following her talk, a panel will explore the issues examined in the research.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend