GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - The status of women in 20 eastern North Carolina counties is the topic of a forum to be held in Greenville.
Cynthia Hess, study director of the Institute for Women's Policy Research, will address the forum scheduled for Friday at Sheppard Memorial Library.
Hess will discuss a briefing paper titled, "The Status of Women in Eastern North Carolina." The paper highlights progress and disparities in opportunities and outcomes for women in the region.
Following her talk, a panel will explore the issues examined in the research.
- Clinton, Trump hours away from historic debate battle
- Updated Reid signals possible solution to funding stalemate
- Updated Stein escorted off Hofstra University campus
- Bridgegate: Port Authority officials planned to make Fort Lee 'traffic jam as bad as possible'
- Miami Marlins to honor star pitcher Jose Fernandez