MORGANTON - Authorities in Burke County accuse a woman of poisoning the man she lived with and another man whom she was dating.
The sheriff's office said 22-year-old Tara Melinda Jackson of Connelly Springs is charged with two counts of distributing a poisonous substance in food.
Det. Scott Carico said an investigation started a month ago when a man Jackson was dating was hospitalized with anti-freeze poisoning. Jackson wasn't charged, but detectives linked the suspect with two other instances of poisoning involving the two men.
Carico said the man who consumed the antifreeze also had muscle relaxer sprinkled into mashed potatoes. He said the second victim was offered a soft drink tainted with the same drug.
Jackson was jailed Thursday under $25,000 bond. It wasn't immediately known if she had an attorney.
- Updated Southwest pilots reach tentative deal with airline after 4 years of talks
- Updated NC DOT's Ferry Division prepares for tropical system
- Updated Tropical storm warning, small craft advisory issued for Carteret County
- Updated Hershey crashes 11% after chocolate merger talks end
- Updated Chicago, aka 'Chi-raq' likely to top 2015 in number of shootings