NEW BERN - Bad weather did not keep shoppers away from the New Bern Mall Wednesday.
Customers went to stores to return gifts or score deals in after-Christmas sales.
One woman said she saw around 30 people in line at some stores.
Others said they expected it to be much busier.
"There was a long line at Bath and Body Works for returns, so we decided to go to Belk to try it out first," said Maghan Bender, a shopper.
"We returned a wallet, and that was really easy," said Bob Miller, another shopper. "Just walked right up and there was no line at all, so we returned it. It was easy – get in and get out – so we're lucky."
No word on the number of shoppers.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- New Vandemere Waterfront Park reopens five years after Hurricane Irene destruction
- Stand Up Outfitters 5th annual Colonial paddle board race