GREENVILLE - A Bertie County deputy's handgun and badge were stolen from his car, investigators said.
Deputy Brandon Cox's .40 cal handgun and badge, along with a bag of clothes, were stolen from his vehicle sometime between Wednesday, Nov. 21 and Thanksgiving day, said Sgt. Joe Friday of the Greenville Police Department.
Deputy Cox was staying overnight at an apartment complex on Wimbledon Drive in Greenville, said Sgt. Friday. But when he came out of the apartment the next morning, he discovered the items missing.
So far, no arrests have been made in this case.
- LIVE FBI reviewing new emails in Clinton classified information probe
- Updated Duplin County man arrested for drugs, guns and explosives
- Updated Viewer captures photos, video of manatees in Pine Knoll Shores
- Updated Bill Cosby is legally blind, according to defense attorneys
- Updated Stocks sink on Clinton email bombshell