JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - A driver was charged in a two-car wreck that sent a deputy's cruiser into a ditch, according to the Highway Patrol.
Deputy Gilbert Delarosa was traveling east on Highway 53 toward Jacksonville, past Blue Creek Road, Tuesday night. That was when a silver Ford sedan, driven by 21-year-old Sarah Gillespie, turned in front of the deputy, as she was making her way to Sherwood Mobile Home Park, troopers said.
According to investigators, Deputy Delarosa's cruiser hit the back right side of Gillespie's car, causing the deputy's vehicle to end up in the ditch.
Gillespie was charged with failure to yield. No one was injured.
- Updated You had one job: Meet the firm behind the Oscars' biggest blunder
- New Jacksonville man accused of hitting teen in face with shovel
- Updated Top 25 roundup: UCF stuns No. 15 Cincinnati
- Updated Creighton's Watson turns himself in to answer sexual assault charge
- Updated Tesla gets downgraded to 'sell' by Goldman Sachs