BERMUDA RUN - A Camp Lejeune Marine's wife has died after she was shot by her husband, who then turned the gun on himself, the Davie County Sheriff's Office said.
Sarah Harris, 29, of Greensboro, died Thursday morning at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Chief Deputy J.D. Hartman said. She had been in critical condition since the shooting.
Sarah was shot Sunday morning, in the Bermuda Run Country Club area of Davie County, about 15 miles southwest of Winston-Salem, deputies said. Sarah's husband, 26-year-old Private First Class Kirk Harris, allegedly shot her in front of his parent's home, following an argument.
Kirk's body was found in his parents' driveway, investigators said. His wife, Sarah, was found across the street.
Kirk had recently returned from Afghanistan. The couple had been married for about a year.
- Updated Pentagon sends ISIS options to White House
- Updated South Korea's THAAD missile defense system gets land swap approval
- Updated Warren Buffett: Red-hot market not in a bubble, still looks 'cheap'
- Updated Transgender boy wins girls' wrestling championship in Texas
- Updated Academy Awards kills off wrong person