BERMUDA RUN - A Camp Lejeune Marine's wife has died after she was shot by her husband, who then turned the gun on himself, the Davie County Sheriff's Office said.
Sarah Harris, 29, of Greensboro, died Thursday morning at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Chief Deputy J.D. Hartman said. She had been in critical condition since the shooting.
Sarah was shot Sunday morning, in the Bermuda Run Country Club area of Davie County, about 15 miles southwest of Winston-Salem, deputies said. Sarah's husband, 26-year-old Private First Class Kirk Harris, allegedly shot her in front of his parent's home, following an argument.
Kirk's body was found in his parents' driveway, investigators said. His wife, Sarah, was found across the street.
Kirk had recently returned from Afghanistan. The couple had been married for about a year.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend