BERMUDA RUN - A Camp Lejeune Marine's wife has died after she was shot by her husband, who then turned the gun on himself, the Davie County Sheriff's Office said.
Sarah Harris, 29, of Greensboro, died Thursday morning at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Chief Deputy J.D. Hartman said. She had been in critical condition since the shooting.
Sarah was shot Sunday morning, in the Bermuda Run Country Club area of Davie County, about 15 miles southwest of Winston-Salem, deputies said. Sarah's husband, 26-year-old Private First Class Kirk Harris, allegedly shot her in front of his parent's home, following an argument.
Kirk's body was found in his parents' driveway, investigators said. His wife, Sarah, was found across the street.
Kirk had recently returned from Afghanistan. The couple had been married for about a year.
- Updated World's largest pearl sits under a bed for 10 years
- Updated Carteret County Health Department Clinical Services closing for mandatory training
- Updated Amatrice: The town at the epicenter of the Italian earthquake
- Army general to testify in Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl pretrial hearing
- Search continues for naked vandals