EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA - U.S. Deputy Agriculture Secretary Krysta Harden is scheduled to tour three farms in North Carolina.
A statement from the department said Harden's first stop is slated for Cannon Farms near Beulaville, where owner Robert Cannon raises turkeys for Butterball. Cannon also farms corn, soybeans and wheat.
Harden is also scheduled to visit Gillette Farms near Stella, a multi-generational farm that has been passed down from grandfather to grandson.
The third stop scheduled is Meadows Farms near Swansboro. Jerry Meadows is a minority farm owner and serves on the FSA County Committee for Craven/Carteret FSA.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- New Vandemere Waterfront Park reopens five years after Hurricane Irene destruction
- Stand Up Outfitters 5th annual Colonial paddle board race