PITT COUNTY - Police say a Pitt County deputy was responding to a call when he was involved in a three-car wreck.
Officials with Greenville Police said the wreck happened around 1:15pm Monday on County Home Road in Pitt County. An oncoming truck suddenly braked which caused a car behind it to swerve, officials said. That car struck the deputy's car causing the deputy to hit a third car.
Two drivers were taken to the hospital with non life-threatening injuries; the deputy was not harmed in the crash.
Charges are pending in the crash.
- Michelle Obama fires up North Carolina crowd for Hillary Clinton
- Updated Wildlife sanctuary searches for owl lost duirng Hurricane Matthew
- Updated Dems can't get enough of FLOTUS -- and Clinton knows it
- Updated Haley 'not a fan' but will vote for Trump
- Updated Trump in 2011: Hillary Clinton 'did probably as much as anybody' for the black community