A Chocowinity woman is accused of check fraud.
Beaufort County deputies say they began investigating the crime when they received a report of checks taken from a Chocowinity residence on Oct. 18.
Josie Alison Compton, 32, of Elks Road in Chocowinity, is charged with 10 counts of forgery of endorsement, 10 counts of uttering forged endorsement, and 10 counts of obtaining property by false pretense.
Compton turned herself in to the Beaufort County Magistrate's Office on Oct. 24.
She was placed in the Beaufort County Detention Center under a $5,000.00 secured bond.
- Updated Ryan Lochte to endorse crime prevention device
- New Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Updated Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results
- Local pharmacist recommends ways to save on EpiPens