The Nash County Sheriff's Office has charged a Battleboro woman with trying to poison five family members.
Investigators said 24-year-old Tiara Drake got angry when one of her family members wouldn't share cheese with her, so she poisoned it with Ajax, window cleaner, and detergent before the family woke up for the day May 18.
The cheese was later used to prepare breakfast and four family members ate it before they noticed there was something wrong with it.
Poison Control was called, and the family was advised to drink milk to counteract the effects of the chemicals. All the family members are okay.
Drake, of the 5500- block of Hubbard Dr. is charged with five counts of attempted murder. Bond was set at $50,000.
(Copyright ©2013 WTVD-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
For more information, visit WTVD.
- Updated FBI probes newly discovered emails tied to Clinton case
- Updated Greenville to begin work on Arlington Boulevard starting Sunday
- Updated State Board of Elections investigating possible voter fraud in Onslow County
- Updated NCAA will now give money for academic achievements
- Updated After shut down, Vine's smartest stars have a backup plan