WASHINGTON, BEAUFORT COUNTY - Beaufort County deputies arrested a woman on a DWI charge and later charged her with identity theft.
Cpl. Cody Burroughs stopped Jennifer King, 24, of Washington, Friday night for driving with only one headlight.
During the stop, Cpl. Burroughs said he realized she was driving while impaired and arrested her. The next day, Cpl. Burroughs found out King had given him someone else's name during the stop.
King was then charged with identity theft and driving with a revoked license. Her vehicle was also seized.
- Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall arrives in Morehead City
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- State natural, cultural sites and military discounts for Memorial Day