MAYSVILLE, JONES COUNTY - Local woman, 51-year-old Georgia Hill was charged with assault with a deadly weapon after deputies investigated a domestic fight involving knives.
The stabbing was reported Monday at about 9 p.m. south of Maysville on Hill Road in Jones County, according to deputies.
Hill and another woman were reportedly the only two involved. Both of the women had minor, non-life threatening cuts. The other woman's name was not released. That victim was transported to Carteret General Hospital in Morehead City.
Hill was apprehended by Jones County Deputies at her residence in the area of the stabbing incident. She was treated by emergency crews for a minor cut at scene.
The incident is still under investigation according to Captain Justin Eimer of the Jones County Sheriff's Office.
- Havelock PD seeks person of interest in club stabbing
- Seven Springs man ends up in ICU after fight with detention officers
- Suspects in animal cruelty case to appear in court Monday
- National Boat Safety Week encourages safety in the water
- Pitt County NAACP to hold meeting to discuss families, mental health