BRIDGETON, CRAVEN COUNTY - Deputies said they are looking for the vandals who have been targeting a home under construction in Craven County.
The home, located on Sandhill Road in the Bridgeton area, was broken into over the weekend, investigators said. The homeowner's sister went to check on the home Sunday morning, and found the drywall damaged and the wiring underneath ripped out, deputies said. Family members believe thieves targeted the home specifically for the copper wiring.
The wiring has been replaced and the drywall will take a week to repair, investigators said. The estimated cost is between $10,000 and $15,000.
- Updated Police monitoring crosswalks and school zones on first day
- Updated Mark Zuckerberg hopes to demo his AI butler next month
- Updated Woman sues Milwaukee Brewers over foul ball incident
- Updated Japan's first passenger jet had a nightmare weekend
- Updated Study: Most adults with depression aren't treated