BEAUFORT COUNTY - Deputies with the Beaufort County Sheriff's Department say two men each face 25 charges. That includes twelve counts of breaking and entering a motor vehicle and two counts of felonious breaking and entering for both men.
Deputies say Christopher Trivett, 20, and David Brinkley Jr., 19, were involved in a string of vehicle break-ins out-building break-ins in Chocowinity from August 17-19. They say the arrests came after a warrantless search of a house on Victory Lane in Chococwinity. Deputies say they found stolen property inside the house. That's where they say they arrested Trivett and Brinkley.
Initially, Brinkley and Trivett were both charged with two counts of larceny and two counts of felonious breaking and entering. Upon further investigation, both were charged with twelve counts of breaking and entering a motor vehicle and nine counts of misdemeanor larceny.
Both are being held at Lenoir County Detention Center. Trivett is held under $75,000 secured bond. Brinkley is held under $34,000 secured bond.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Italy earthquake: Amid the rubble, a couple says 'I do'
- Updated Donald Trump: Mika must apologize for 'gang attack' on Pastor Mark Burns