GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - A pair of teens allegedly led Pitt County deputies on a high-speed chase that started at a high school.
According to investigators, it all started at the parking lot of D.H. Conley High School early Friday morning. A 15 and a 16-year-old were parked there, but allegedly took off in a black Toyota truck when they saw a deputy on patrol.
The teens led deputies on a high-speed chase down Eastern Pines Road, investigators said. The suspects were finally stopped when stop sticks were deployed, deputies added.
Investigators said they discovered a handgun and drug paraphernalia in the suspects' vehicle. The 16-year-old driver was arrested and charged with fleeing to elude arrest, deputies said. The 15-year-old was turned over to his mother.
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew