JONES COUNTY - Deputies have arrested a teen for allegedly stealing an ATV in Jones County.
Khiron Jamel Mills, 18, of Sugarberry Court in Jacksonville, was taken into custody on Oct. 11.
Investigators said Mills stole a four-wheeler from Houston Road in the Comfort area of Jones County on Oct. 4. The vehicle was then taken out of the county and sold on Facebook for $300, said deputies.
The four-wheeler was later returned to the owners, according to investigators.
Mills was charged with felony larceny of a motor vehicle. He was issued a $10,000 bond and was released. Additional charges and more arrests are possible, investigators said.
"I have a great disdain for thieves. They destroy a victim's sense of security in their own home and that is what I hate about them most," said Jones County Sheriff Danny R. Heath.
- Tornado watch issued for most of North Carolina
- Updated Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Updated Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn