JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - Onslow County deputies wrapped up a sting operation on local sex offenders Thursday. They said they discovered that five of the county's 230 sex offenders have failed to update the Sheriff's Office on their whereabouts. Now, deputies said they are trying to track down those people.
The missing sex offenders are Melvin Wardrick, Charles Suel, Ryan Jones, Delrandall Bundley and Delante Johnson, deputies said. Sex offenders are supposed to keep an updated addresses and phone numbers on file with the local Sheriff's Office. But the addresses on file for the five men listed aren't accurate, investigators said.
Anyone with information on the five men's whereabouts is asked to contact the Onslow County Sheriff's Office at 910-455-3113
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend