JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - Onslow County deputies wrapped up a sting operation on local sex offenders Thursday. They said they discovered that five of the county's 230 sex offenders have failed to update the Sheriff's Office on their whereabouts. Now, deputies said they are trying to track down those people.
The missing sex offenders are Melvin Wardrick, Charles Suel, Ryan Jones, Delrandall Bundley and Delante Johnson, deputies said. Sex offenders are supposed to keep an updated addresses and phone numbers on file with the local Sheriff's Office. But the addresses on file for the five men listed aren't accurate, investigators said.
Anyone with information on the five men's whereabouts is asked to contact the Onslow County Sheriff's Office at 910-455-3113
- Updated Before his coma he spoke English; after waking up he's fluent in Spanish
- Updated Auburn to honor Barkley with statue
- Pope opens private summer residence to visitors
- Governor tours Princeville, visits Rocky Mount Disaster Recovery Center
- Former President Bill Clinton taking bus tour through Greenville