COLINGTON, DARE COUNTY - Investigators said they know who pulled the trigger in a murder-suicide at the Outer Banks over the weekend.
According to Dare County deputies, 42-year-old Ray L. Miller shot and killed 46-year-old Anthony F. Skinner, before turning the gun on himself.
The murder-suicide happened at Miller's home on Sandpiper Drive Colington, about two miles southwest of Kill Devil Hills. Deputies said they received the 911 call at about 2:15 p.m. Saturday. A motive was not released.
The men were not believed to be blood relatives, investigators said. Skinner was from Craigville, Ind., a town in the northeast portion of that state.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend