COLINGTON, DARE COUNTY - Investigators said they know who pulled the trigger in a murder-suicide at the Outer Banks over the weekend.
According to Dare County deputies, 42-year-old Ray L. Miller shot and killed 46-year-old Anthony F. Skinner, before turning the gun on himself.
The murder-suicide happened at Miller's home on Sandpiper Drive Colington, about two miles southwest of Kill Devil Hills. Deputies said they received the 911 call at about 2:15 p.m. Saturday. A motive was not released.
The men were not believed to be blood relatives, investigators said. Skinner was from Craigville, Ind., a town in the northeast portion of that state.
- 'Unprecedented' divide: Democrats fear recession, Republicans see boom
- Volunteers come out to help for Reef Habitat Project event
- Updated White House blocks news organizations from press briefing
- Rusted Root to headline stage at 11th annual PirateFest
- Small Ohio town counts on Trump to stave off plant closures